AHEPA District 5 Scholarships are awarded annually to deserving students about to begin their college education. It is a program administered by the Past District Governors of the district. Read the qualifications carefully and submit your student’s application for consideration by the deadline.
The deadline to apply is March 31st Please send applications to: AHEPA 5th District Scholarship Committee Vassos Chrysanthou PDG 34 Courtney Ct Freehold, NJ 07728
Eligibility and Qualifications
2. Only the members of the AHEPA family shall be eligible for the John G. Thevos Fifth District Scholarships. The term “AHEPA family members” is to include and be limited to all AHEPANS, DAUGHTERS OF PENELOPE, SONS OF PERICLES, MAIDS OF ATHENA, and their children who reside within the John G. Thevos Fifth District. However, any member who has moved from this area, but has maintained his/her membership in his local Chapter in the Fifth District, then his/her children would be eligible for consideration regardless of their residency.
1. Applicants for the scholarship grants and scholastic awards will be considered on the basis of scholastic achievement and participation in school and/or community activities.
3. Sons and daughters of deceased AHEPA family members of the John G. Thevos Fifth District, who were in good standing at the time of their death are eligible and may submit an application through the Chapter to which either parent belonged.
4. Applicants and/or their sponsors must presently be members in good standing of their respective chapters of the Fifth District for at least three (3) consecutive years. This same rule would apply in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3.
5. Only Chapters who have paid in full their per capita tax to National Headquarters through December 31st of the preceding year and paid their obligation to the District Scholarship Program ($4.00 per member) by April 30th of the current year are eligible to submit candidates.
6. All applicants for the grants shall apply through the Chapter of their sponsor and receive the Chapter’s endorsement. All applicants must be accepted by an accredited college or university of their choice in order to qualify for the grant.
7. The eligibility of applicants for the grants and scholastic awards shall be restricted to high school students of the Fifth District about to enter college who are in the upper one-third of their class.
PLEASE NOTE that two (2) letters of personal reference from faculty members of the school last attended, as well as official sealed transcripts, class rank and the applicant’s S.A.T. and/or A.C.T. report(s) must be sent to the AHEPA Scholarship Committee directly from applicant’s high school. All applications must be endorsed by the respective Chapter President and Secretary and be filed with the Scholarship Committee by March 31st of each year to the following address: AHEPA 5th District Scholarship Committee c/o Vassos Chrysanthou, PDG 34 Courtney Ct. Freehold, NJ 07728 The application package must be mailed by any delivery service that can ascertain proof of delivery (e.g. certified mail / return receipt requested, or FedEx) and postmarked no later than March 31st. (E-mailed and FAXed applications are NOT acceptable.) FOR ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL MR. CHRYSANTHOU AT 732-905-1300, x200, OR E-MAIL AT VASSOS@PRODIGY.NET